Here we go.

24 May 2012

vivre



1.  Something my friend Andrew said:  "The new mandate is to be alive at least one to two times per day."  That's pretty good, although I will say that I did not follow through today.  Not once.  I will definitely try again tomorrow.  


2.  Will be going to Memphis to see Beach House on 12 July:



3.  Important hashtags:


a.  #TOFUHAPPENING: The next TOFU HAPPENING is 9 June @ 1509 Louisiana, Loft C-D.  It will be more of it's original design in that it'll be a little more political.  And why not? This is an election year. We will aide those in need of registering to vote and those in need of updating their current voter registration.  This all needs to be done by 9 October if one wants to participate in the general election this November.  I will probably work up some literature to aide in ("leftist" "socialist") issue/candidate decision making.   I will enlighten attendees of Pulaski County's amazing early voting opportunities.  Oh, and please bring your best vegetarian/vegan dish as this is a potluck.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
b./c. #taxthefuckers/#taxthefrackers:  I came up with this duo of hashtags in hopes of grabbing attention and for the plain-speak, for there's no mincing of words here.  TAX. THOSE. FUCKERS.  I'm referring to the Arkansas Severance Tax Increase of 2012.  This is a tax increase on natural gas companies & frackers.  The tax hardly begins to cover the enormous problems these energy companies have/will have wreaked on our environment. There's no future in fossil fuels, everybody knows that.  Unfortunately, instead of focusing on innovation in alternative energy (and pretty much any other field), our lovely state will be tapped until sucked dry & ruined.  Oh, how I love Arkansas.  We frequently enjoy the great outdoors 'round these parts and wish to preserve what's left.  No thanks to sprawl and growth, we lose more and more of her natural goodness all of the time.  I wish we could do more to protect her.  The least these companies can do is pay a little something.  Opponents of this initiative are loud, have a lot of funding (you can probably guess from where) and work under the guise of "job creation".  They employ spin, fear, and intimidation on canvassers who are merely trying to get this on the ballot.  It's a precursor to voter suppression, in my opinion, and it's fucking outrageous.  If you are approached by a canvasser asking you to sign the severance tax petition (and the ethics reform petition, while you're at it), please do.  Do it with zeal.  We need to get this on November's ballot and then we need to vote in favor of it.  No more voter ignorance, capiche? Remember 2008's Proposed Initiative 1?  Thankfully, it was overturned by the courts, but do not rely on the courts to fix these things, it takes too long & costs too much! Please use the hashtags & spread the word. 


4.  Night time stoop sitting.  There's not a lot of traffic on our street.  It's relaxing to watch the lightning bugs and the cats playing in the front yard.  As much light pollution we've got going on, we've really do have a decent patch of sky for cosmos gazing.


5.  It's time to get grill.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


6.  I sent a potentially life-changing letter out last week.  It will help KMHD & I determine where we are as far as our future goes.  If it is only nothing, I probably won't update until we move beyond SQUARE ONE, which is where we might remain.  But, I'm filled with drunken butterflies.


7.  THROWBACK THURSDAY
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Blog Archive